Friday, January 22, 2010

How can I get a nesting squirrel out of my weeping cherry tree?

We have a squirrel that likes to nest high up in the weeping cherry tree in our front yard. This happened last year and at first we didn't mind at all. We noticed lots and lots of small branches of the tree on the ground underneath it. This is because the wood of the weeping cherry is not good for a nest, the branches are not firm and the nest falls apart.





The reason we are concerned this year is because last year, due to the nest not being strong enough, we came out one morning to find a bunch of dead baby squirrels on the ground. Now this idiotic squirrel is going to make the same mistake again, and while I personally don't care, my wife and children are upset about it.How can I get a nesting squirrel out of my weeping cherry tree?
Try buying an animal repellent such as ';Liquid Fence'; - one that has a hose-end attachment on top, so you can use your hose to apply it. Then spray the tree periodically.How can I get a nesting squirrel out of my weeping cherry tree?
Well unless you can get up there and push his nest down there is nothing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment