Friday, January 22, 2010

I have squirrels in my garden .squirrels in the trees.squirrels every were?

They dig up my garden and eat my plants.Drive my dog crazy and me to.HELP must be some way to get rid of them.Cant shoot them or I would.There not cute any more.I have squirrels in my garden .squirrels in the trees.squirrels every were?
I would not use the rat poison idea because





1.) It contains bitter flavoring that is designed to deter animals other than rats and mice from eating it; the squirrels would likely eat the outer peanut butter coating and leave the poison part.





2.) It is illegal (and very unkind) to place rat poison in open places where other creatures, such as birds, have access to it. If they are extremely hungry, they might eat it and be poisoned.





I know that squirrels can really be a nuisance. We have them here, too. I learned a lot about the problem and solutions, on the following website:


http://www.unexco.com/SQ1.html





There is also a link to their forum, where you can ask specific questions (read the information pages, first). The man who runs the website is very nice and helped us last year. Good luck!I have squirrels in my garden .squirrels in the trees.squirrels every were?
ok, you did not get this from me--take some peanut butter, a little honey, some pecan pieces and mix together. then roll it into little round balls. Then go to the store and buy the strongest rat poison you can find, crush the tabletes and roll the little balls into the crushed poison, wear rubber gloves and clean up afterward.





Place these little balls off the ground and in the internodes of the tree branches, the squirrels will enjoy their last meal, go back to their nest, go to sleep and no longer bea problem.





Or eliminate the food source that brings the varmits in and they will quit coming to visit.
drop a trail of popcorn and peanuts for about 3 miles away from your home. Follow the squirrels, as they pick up the treats replace the trail with cayenne pepper. This will deter them from returning. hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment