Friday, January 22, 2010

Squirrels vs. the silver maple tree in my backyard?

I have a silver maple tree in my backyard and i can't the squirrels to stop eating it!!!! they break off small branches and peel and eat the bark off of other branches. Is there anything i can do to make them stop????????? please help i don't want my tree to die! :(Squirrels vs. the silver maple tree in my backyard?
Only mammals have the taste buds for the burn of cayenne pepper. I got a tall jar of it for $2 at market and sprinkle it on bird feeder seed. Birds act as if nothing's there, squirrels hate it. I'd try making a paste of it with water and coating top side of branches and, depending on how tall it is or close to other trees they can jump from, put some on trunk. They'll get it on their feet which will transfer to all they eat and they'll stay away. Works wonders!Squirrels vs. the silver maple tree in my backyard?
You can get a pellet gun from walmart, crossman is a good brand, it sucks to have to kill them but if you wanna keep your tree you might need to do this, or if you don't want to kill them yourself you can put poison out or rat traps with a little piece of bark off the tree maybe? anyway id go with the pellet gun.
Give them another activity to do. Start putting ears of corn away from the trees. I would be more than happy to let you borrow my dogs, they love squirrels. They have gotten twelve between the two of them.
buy a plastic owl with motion sensor on it like if the sensor detect motion then it make sound put it at the tree let this plastic owl seat at the branches 3 pcs. must be enough depending how big the tree is.
Put out a squirrel feeder; it may lure them away from the tree.





TEAM SQUIRREL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment