Friday, January 22, 2010

Is your neighborhood squirrel very territorial?.. does it get mad when you try to live in it's favorite tree?

are YOU the neighborhood squirrel?..Is your neighborhood squirrel very territorial?.. does it get mad when you try to live in it's favorite tree?
Most of the squirrels in my extended neighbourhood are quite ';New Age';, BR, and so get along with everyone in a laid-back and live-and-let-live sort of a way.


However my nearest squirrel neighbour, Gerald, is a different type of bushy-tale altogether. He's incredibly selfish and can't abide it if I even sit in one of the trees alongside his precious sycamore. The other day he pelted me with peanuts - from the bird feeder in MY garden! - and accused me of spying on his tree camp in order to ';nick interior design ideas';.


Honestly - I don't even LIKE leaf curtains!


Btw, I appreciate how brilliant your squirrel theme song is, mate, but I'm afraid I cannot bring myself to sing it to Gerald -


it simply wouldn't be coming from the heart.Is your neighborhood squirrel very territorial?.. does it get mad when you try to live in it's favorite tree?
He's a little red, pointy eared chap, BR. Not terribly impressive in the tail department - but don't say I told you so, for Godsake!

Report Abuse



Oops - nearly forgot to say thank you...


Thank you, BR!

Report Abuse



just letting you know i was here and read your comments... you're welcome... you deserve lots of best answers...

Report Abuse



Yes, but I do give him all due consideration.


It's mating season, and if I get up in the tree he and I both consider our favorite he figures I'm trying to steal his girell. I mean girl.





Your song is very Zen-like of Oriental, to say the least.
the squirrel guards the driveway and won't let me walk by him when i get home from school. then he b*tches me out when i run pass him to the door.
I chased the squirrel away.
im the neighborhood squirrel, but i share my tree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment