Friday, January 22, 2010

So, I am a new home owner. We have a pecan tree in the back yard. The squirrels stole most or all the nuts.?

We thought that the pecans grew every 3 years from what several friends had told us. I really didn't believe that as a fact. We had tons of pecans growing about two months ago only to be taken prematurely by what seemed to be a ton of squirrels. If we do get pecans next year, I was wondering how to keep those buggers away this time. So, I am a new home owner. We have a pecan tree in the back yard. The squirrels stole most or all the nuts.?
I have two pecan trees in my front yard, the back of my property is wooded. The first year we lived here, we watched squirrels go from the woods all the way to the front yard and take all the pecans off the trees. Some were even trying to make a getaway with a small branch of two or three pecans on it. Well the next year my son and I was ready for them, we took back our pecan trees. Yes, in came a very heavy Storm from the East, here watch for yourself, this will show you just what I mean; http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-quest鈥?/a>


After the storm clears, you can enjoy pie, yes pecan pie!


Good Luck, ;-)So, I am a new home owner. We have a pecan tree in the back yard. The squirrels stole most or all the nuts.?
Mix up a squirt or 2 of dish soap in a gallon of water in a sprayer, spray the the trees, leaves, nuts, etc. The squirrels won't like the taste. You could also plant marigolds around the trees, squirrels don't like them either. Good luck.
I am thinking that they sell spray and granules that you put on your lawn to keep critters away. I know farm stores sell them. Maybe home improvement stores, any place that may have a lawn and garden area. I have never used it, so I can not tell you if it works well or not.





gram
We have a black walnut tree and we never get one. This was the best year we ever had for them.


It's impossible to keep the squirrels away unless you can net your tree.


We can't the tree is about 60' tall.
they sell stuff at farm supply places for the pesky things and the better way that is to not kill the squirrels is to feed them away from the tree in feeders
They are just glorified rats! I would use a pellet gun or BB gun or rat poison. NEVER EVER FEED THEM. You will only draw in more and encourage them to nest and breed in your yard.





Bert
culling ?





they've eaten all my hazelnuts and walnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment