Saturday, January 16, 2010

How Do I Make A Squirrel Get Away From My Pear Tree?

Hey. I Have A Pear Tree That Is Being Invaded By A Squirrel. He Keeps Grabbing the Pears And Throwing Them Everywhere And/Or Just Plain Out Eat Them. Does Anyone Know How I Can Make Him Leave, Or Possibly Just Stop Eating the Pears??How Do I Make A Squirrel Get Away From My Pear Tree?
If you have, try mabey putting a small pack of nuts by the tree and mabey he'll go for them. Or if their Grown Pears. You can just pick them all.How Do I Make A Squirrel Get Away From My Pear Tree?
Get afew old cd's and tie them to the tree on branches where the sun will hit them.


This will keep birds and animal's away.
Make a squirrel baffle out of metal flashing. For this method to work you need to trim the lower limbs off at least 5' above the ground and wrap the baffle around the trunk. Sometimes the smarter squirrels are able to get around it if it is not done just right.





I use a more elaborate system for my pecan trees. It involves placing a 2';X4'; welded wire fence around the trunk. Placing insulators between the fence and trunk (2'; spacing) and connecting it to an electric fencer.





This can be seen at http://www.pecanworld.com/SQUIRREL.htm
Go to a store that sells bird food (like Walmart) and look for a squirrel feeder (yes, they make them). It's a whole ear of dried corn on a wooden holder. Set that up somewhere away from the tree, but within sight and the squirrel will go for the corn. Squirrels need love (and food), too.
B-b gun.
lmao shoo him away!
Put some acorns, if you can find them, on the ground under the tree. Or the nuts left over from last Christmas.
try to catch the squirrel put one of the pears in a cage and wen the squirrel gets inside the cage locks shut

No comments:

Post a Comment