Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My sister just moved from Az to Va and w/42 tree's, is worried about squirrels when she plants her garden?

Born and raised in Az and after 55yrs my sis up and moves to Colonial Height's, Va from Surprise, Az!!! Her back yard is now approx. 1/2 acre w/42 oak, maple, white pine and crepe myrtle all filled w/squirrel's. She's ready to start planting her garden; any idea's how to keep them out of the tomatoes, ect.. thank's!!!My sister just moved from Az to Va and w/42 tree's, is worried about squirrels when she plants her garden?
I've had those critters eat my tomatoes. And, other than having a dog on patrol, there's really no way to keep those crafty tree rats out of your garden. I'm not gonna shoot them unless I plan to eat them.My sister just moved from Az to Va and w/42 tree's, is worried about squirrels when she plants her garden?
use blood meal
I have a HERD of squirrels in my yard too and I do garden, although mostly perennials. I have grown tomatoes though and have never had a problem with them bothering my tomatoes. My next door neighbor grows all kinds of veggies and they don't bother his garden. The only thing I've seen squirrels bother is tulip bulbs. Grrrr...


Tell her to have at it and enjoy!
Squirrels won't generall hurt a garden, except for burying nuts in the fall.
I'm from Montana, I grow a 5 acre garden, squirreles are the least of my problems (4/10 shot gun, they use to build them with a over and under with a .22 bullet).





You work hard to grow your tomatoes, kill the squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment