Monday, January 18, 2010

How do you stop squirrels from ring barking a tree?

The main stem and one branch are close to being totally ring barked. Can I bandage them somehow to stop the pests from completing the job? And what deterent can I use to stop it happening again. Other than shooting the squirrels!How do you stop squirrels from ring barking a tree?
I would wrap the trunk with protective wraps. These should be available at a local nursery. I have wrapped welded wire around the trunks of my pecan trees, attached it with insulators and hooked it up to an electric fencer. It works great for keeping squirrels out of the them. See photo at: http://www.pecanworld.com/SQUIRREL.htmHow do you stop squirrels from ring barking a tree?
A tree wrap of some sort? I've never heard of squirrels doing this.. Beaver, yes but squirrels??





You can get tree wrapping materials from garden centers.





Do trap the squirrels and export them from your yard..





If the damage is not too severe, the tree will heal itself.. if not.. time for a new tree. Sorry.
I don't there is anything better than squirrel and dumplings.
  • blush makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment