Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Big squirrel nest in tree what to do?

I have been finding holes all over my front and back yard from them. I noticed a huge nest up high in one of my maple trees. I have no idea how to get it down. Anything I can put out to get rid of them? I mostly just want the nest down. What if I throw rocks up there lol will that knock it down. And, I'm afraid of what is in there....Are there actually squirrels in there always?Big squirrel nest in tree what to do?
You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to ruin the only home the poor guy has. You try living outside ALL winter!Big squirrel nest in tree what to do?
take a long bamboo and take it down
put it in a pot with some onions
Why would you do that...its nature at its best!! I am pretty sure its against the law now adays to disturb a babies nest. Good luck with that one!
Just leave the nest there, what's it doing to you?!? They are cute animals. I like watching them play with each other. If I were you, I wouldn't throw anything at it. Don't be mean. Good Luck!
squirrels don't make nests silly. Don't knock it down, that's some animal's home. You are in it's habitat when you are outside. Now if it was on your home that would be a different story, but in a tree? Leave the poor thing alone you meanie.
Call an exterminator. Or shoot them down yourself.
if there is get a 4-10, get some ammo, aim and FIRE!
Why don't you just cut down the tree? While you're at it cut down all your trees. That will show those bad squirrels a thing or two.





Maybe you could just pave your entire yard then you wouldn't have to worry about those pesky squirrels that live in your neighbors' trees digging up your precious yard.





Or you could let the little guys live.





Do you work for ExxonMobil?
Personally, I am a nature lover. I have a squirrel feeder. They actually come running when I call them for dinner. Can't understand why you would want to tear down their nest, especially with winter coming. Live and let live!!!
Buy/borrow/steal a ferret that`ll get rid of anything live in there and you don`t have to see the carnage!
There are pest control firms that specialize in live trapping %26amp; relocation. I had racoons in my basement %26amp; that's what I did. When they have been relocated, someone will have to climb the tree %26amp; remove the nest. Squirrels have young in the spring so they will be in the nest then. Late summer is the best time to relocate them. Chances are that they or others will be back, in that case, feed them.
Squirrel phobia??


Squirrels do make nests, contrary to what one uninformed person answered. And yes, there will be squirrels inside that nest but they will be hibernating for most of the winter. Squirrels avoid people: they're not going to come out and getcha.





Squirrels are digging in your yard because they are burying food to eat later. They'll dig up your yard again in early spring as they try to find the nuts they buried this fall. I'm going out on a limb here by guessing that the tree they're nesting in is an oak tree. And squirrels love to eat acorns. As long as you have an oak tree in your yard (or in your neighbors' yard) there will be squirrels around.





You're lucky they are nesting in a tree. If they decided to nest in your attic then you'd really have a problem. The little holes they dig are just a minor nuisance. It's not worth getting your undies in a bundle over it.
Depending on where you live, there are laws prohibiting you from poising them. Most likely there are not babies in the nest this time of year. If you really feel like you have to get rid of them, What you want to do is get a Hav-a-Hart trap (which you can buy at home depot or lowes). When you get the trap , bait them with peanut butter, Then when you catch the squirrels take them to some woods approximately 15-20 miles away from your home or they will just return and rebuild their nest. Just removing the nest isn't enough. Once the squirrels are relocated you can either leave it there mostly squirrel nests are just leaves or have someone climb up and remove it. Sorry, but rocks won't work and most likely the holes in your yard probably aren't from the squirrels but from chipmunks moles or some other burrowing animal
We have two squirrel's nests in our backyard, way up on top of Cherry tree. It's like a huge bird nest. I'm not sure why they make nest on top of the tree! How do they stay dry and warm from all kinds of weather? I can't imagine...(Are they plain stupid??) Anyway, we just leave them be. Every season, a few of squirrels try to make home, but they just leave soon after. Not sure why. One morning, I found a dead, skinned, decapitated and eaten squirrel's body(Yuck!) on the ground. I think a raccoon did it. I actually felt sorry for the little guy because I saw this guy carrying mouthful of cotton or a piece of wall insulation material found somewhere up to his nest day after day. It was kind of cute. Unfortunate for the squirrels, but sometimes, 'circle of life' would take care of it.
squirrel nests usually come with squirrels. you can set traps out to catch them alive--the local animal shelter may loan you some. or get a shotgun and clean house with it.
FAQ:


http://www.boobooinc.com/sq/faq.html





How to rid your yard of squirrels:


http://www.aaanimalcontrol.com/Professio鈥?/a>
While I do understand the nuisance of having them tearing up your yard and then having to turn around and fix it again, take a moment and think of it this way...Just how bad is having to fix a few holes in the yard when you can still enjoy nature at its greatest points right now. The way this world is going you never know when they might go away and never come back. Take a few moments each day to throw some food out there for them and just sit and watch I guarantee you will relax about it and really start to enjoy doing it every day. Also the holes could be from something else as honestly I have never in my personal life seen them digging ';not saying they wont'; just that i never have seen it myself. I guess what I am saying is don't let something like this stress you there are way too many other things to do that.
Awww...please leave it alone. It needs a home just as you do!!How would you like it if someone threw rocks; knocked your house to the ground!!!
get some thin metal flashing from hardware store put all around tree trunk 1 foot wide piece that way they get out of tree but can not get back up tree under stand if not e mail me will explain in more detail
go cheek it out
Call animal control.
  • blush makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment